In this article I will talk about the reasons why the iPhone does not install applications (does not want to download) and the message about waiting for download does not disappear. The same applies to the iPad. Typically, the following helps solve the problem.
This article is suitable for all iPhone Xs / Xr / X / 8/7/6/5 and Plus models on iOS 12. On older versions, the menu items and hardware support specified in the article may or may not be present.
Reasons why the application from the App Store does not load or install
There are a lot of reasons why the application from the App Store is not installed or does not load. Most often, the problem lies in the Internet connection, which is unstable, because of which the iPhone cannot complete the download normally. In addition, do not forget about errors with Apple servers and software crashes – all this can also prevent successful software downloads.
What to do to install the application
- Check your internet connection. To successfully download the application from the App Store, you need a stable connection. Make sure Wi-Fi or 3G / 4G is active. You can do this either in the settings or in the control center.
It’s important to know that iOS allows downloading programs no larger than 150 MB in size over a cellular network. If you need to download something more significant, then use Wi-Fi. In addition, it is worth checking how stable and fast the connection is. For the test, you can enable streaming video: if it plays without problems, then the application from the App Store also easily downloads.
- Pause / Cancel Download. A simple but at the same time effective way to deal with non-installing applications is to pause or cancel the download. On an iPhone with support for 3D Touch technology (models starting with 6S), this can be done by pressing the download icon strongly. If you have an older smartphone, then hold down the application icon and click on the cross to stop downloading and just tap to pause.
- Reboot your iPhone. If during the download the application remains dark (or white), and the download status did not appear, then try restarting the device. You can do this by holding the power button and holding the slider from left to right. An alternative reboot method is to:
- Hold the Home and Side keys for iPhone 6S and later.
- Pinch the volume down and side buttons for iPhone 7/7 Plus.
- Alternately press the increase and then volume down keys, then hold down the power button.
Also a similar method of solving the problem is the short-term inclusion of airplane mode.