A digital or graphic code is able to reliably protect the smartphone from intruders. Third parties will not be able to access the data if they do not know your password. But often there are times when the user himself forgets the password and cannot use his device. In the article we will tell you in detail how to unlock the Meizu phone if you forget the password.
Table of Contents
The probability of a successful unlock
Not always unlocking a smartphone can end in success, but first, there are several ways to use it. So, for starters, we learn how to remove the graphic password:
- Using a Google Account or Flyme;
- Using the special SMS Bypass program;
- Using the ADB Run debug bridge;
- Run “Hard Reset”;
- Reflash device;
- Contact support on the official website.
The first 4 methods were personally tested on the Meizu M3 Note smartphone.
Method number 1: If you forgot the password from the smartphone itself
This option involves resetting your password through Google or Flyme accounts. We will analyze in order how to carry out code removal.
Using google account
Every modern Android smartphone is tied to Google services. An account is required for further use of the phone. Also, an account can help unlock the device if the password is forgotten. This method is quite simple and not difficult even for beginners.
On a locked display you must enter the password incorrectly five times, after that the inscription “Forgot your password?” will be displayed. By clicking on the device, it will prompt you to enter your Gmail email address and password from your Google account. After entering, a window will appear where you need to come up with a new password, and it is best to write it to a safe place.
It should be remembered that this method can be used only if Internet is turned on on the phone.
What to do if the Internet is not turned on
- Try to install a SIM card with internet connection;
- Reboot the device. As soon as the smartphone boots up, a screen without locking appears for a few seconds, you need to have time to pull the curtain down and press the Internet power button.
Using Flyme Account
If the screen lock password is forgotten, you can try to access the smartphone through "Flyme". All devices have this proprietary shell., which allows you to easily bind the phone to various services.
To unlock your phone through Flyme, you will need to perform the same steps as with Google.
- Enter the password incorrectly 5 times;
- Click on the button "Forgot your password?";
- A window will open where you need to enter your username and password from your Flyme account.
If the key is entered correctly, the device will unlock. You will need to come up with a new strong password or completely abandon this method of protection.
Method No. 2: How to unlock Meizu phone if you forgot your password using SMS Bypass application via PC
Despite the convenience of using virtual services, many users still neglect them. Therefore, if you belong to this category of users, this option will most likely help you. We note immediately that the method will only work if if the function is activated on the smartphone "USB debugging."
Before using the SMS Bypass application, you will have to install it on your smartphone. The usual way to do this is impossible, since the screen is locked. Therefore, you will have to use the “InstallAPK” program. With its help, you can install any application on the Meizu smartphone through a computer.
You must complete the following steps:
- Download the archives with the InstallAPK.exe program and the SMS Bypass application (links above) and unzip them;
- We install the program on the computer. After installation, it must be started;
- The smartphone must be connected to the PC via a USB cable;
- A settings window will open where you need to select a connection method. It can be USB or Wi-Fi;
- At this stage, you need to start the installation of the SMSBypass.apk application.
After the installation is completed, you must send it to the blocked Meizu Post with the text "1234 reset ». The smartphone will reboot, and after that, you can enter absolutely any password, the device will consider it correct.
This method will help only if it is allowed to install on the phone third-party applications not from Google Play, as well as USB debugging activated.
Method No. 3: Remove the screen lock password with the ADB Run debug bridge (MediaTek)
The method is suitable for those users which on your smartphone is prohibited from installing programs from third-party sources, but USB debugging is enabled. Therefore, if you forgot the graphic password from Meizu, you can perform the following steps.
- You need to download drivers for your smartphone to your computer (can be found on w3bsit3-dns.com).
- Connect the disconnected smartphone to the PC via USB.
- On the computer in the “Device Manager”, select the “View” tab and check the box next to “Show hidden devices”.
- In the “Other devices” tab, you need to open the properties of the smartphone that is connected to the PC and click on the “Update” button.
- Select the tab “Search on this computer” indicating the path to the drivers for the phone. They must first be unzipped.
If all of the above steps are successful, you can proceed to the next step.
Now you need to directly reset the password on the Meizu M5s or on another smartphone model.
- Maze connected to the computer must be turned on without disconnecting.
- Download the ADB Run debug bridge (https://w3bsit3-dns.com.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=437824) and then run it.
- The program interface is simple, it is more like a standard version of Notepad on Windows. In the window that opens, enter the number 6 in the "Input" line. This action allows you to activate the "Unlock Gesture Key" function.
- At this point, the application will prompt you to choose four different methods that will allow you to remove the lock code. To remove the graphic key, you must use the first or second method. To completely remove the password, you need to use the third method. If the phone has Root rights, you can remove the password in the fourth way.
You can unlock using ADB Run on older Meizu models that run on MediaTek’s mobile chipset.
Recently, manufacturer Maize has preferred Qualcomm Snapdragon processors for its flagship devices. Therefore, if you forget the password for the smartphone on this chip, this unlock method will not help.
Method number 4: Full reset to factory settings (Hard Reset)
This is the most extreme method., and it is necessary to apply it only if other options do not fit. Hard Reset is a complete reset to factory settings, so using it, all information from the device will be permanently deleted. You will have to download the necessary applications again, download personal information and more. Unfortunately, it will not be possible to recover photos, messages, phone numbers and other information. If you periodically made a backup of the system, some data may be restored.
For a hard reset, you will need:
- Disable smartphone.
- Press the Power and Volume Up keys simultaneously and hold.
- After that, the “Recovery” menu will open, where you need to select “Clear Data” and “Start”. The volume rocker allows you to move from one item to another, and the "Power" key selects the desired menu.
After the completed actions will begin Hard Reset, the smartphone will reboot and return to the state of the new phone. Resetting to factory settings helps to remove the screen password, but all data is lost.
Method number 5: If there is no access to Flyme and Google accounts – flashing the smartphone
When no method brings the desired result, and the smartphone is not tied to any account, you can try to reflash Meizu. This method may be difficult for some users, but following the instructions you can perform all the actions without problems. If you still have doubts, it is better to contact a service center.
For flashing you will need:
- Download the latest firmware version;
- Download the old firmware version.
On the Internet (in particular on w3bsit3-dns.com) there are many options for firmware in the public domain, therefore, problems with downloading should not arise.
Installation should be carried out only through Recovery.
- The new firmware version needs to be installed without “clear data”, since this item is not available due to the graphic code.
- The old firmware version is also sewn without clear data. No need to load the operating system, and immediately after the logo appears on the screen, go to the Recovery menu.
- You can also try installing any firmware of your choice. You can try with "Clear Data", in some cases this method works.
You can’t say with accuracy whether this option will help or not, but if you want to bring the smartphone back to life, you can use it.
Method number 6: Through the official website
You can try to recover the forgotten password from Flyme on Meizu by contacting the manufacturer’s official website for help. For this, your appeal and description of the problem must be left in a special thread, which is dedicated to this topic on the official forum.
You should know that Chinese company website, Therefore, you need to install an advanced translator from Google in advance, which does a good job of translating.