With whom it does not happen – I forgot the password from the iPhone in iOS 11/12 and now I can’t unlock the phone. It sounds strange, but the situation is quite common. In search of solutions, you begin to search the Internet for a working way, how to unlock an iPhone if you forgot your password. On many resources they write that in this situation, you can say goodbye to your phone, however, this is far from the case. There are at least three ways that you can unlock and bypass the lock screen on iPhone, even if you use Touch ID — using iTunes, using iCloud, or Tenorshare iPhone Unlocker.
Table of Contents
How to reset your forgotten password on iPhone
What to do if you forgot your iPhone password? Can I unlock an iPhone if I forget the password for the lock screen? How to recover iPhone in iOS 11/12 if I forget my password? The situation is completely solvable – you just need to correctly determine the method for solving it. Below are several ways to reset a forgotten password on an iPhone.
1 way to unlock iPhone using iTunes
You can delete a forgotten password on a locked iPhone using iTunes. To do this, do the following:
1. Connect your iPhone to your computer using a USB cable and launch iTunes.
2. Next, you need to go into recovery mode. To do this, force a reboot:
- iPhone X, iPhone 8/8 Plus – you need to press and quickly release the volume increase, then press and quickly release the volume down button. After that, press and hold your finger on the power button until the recovery mode screen appears.
- iPhone 7/7 Plus – you need to simultaneously press the side button and the volume down button. Do not release your finger until the recovery mode screen lights up.
- For iPhone 6s and versions below, press the Home button and the top (or side) power button simultaneously. Also hold until the recovery mode screen appears.
3. When the recovery mode is started, you need to wait a bit. Once the process is completed, the iPhone can be configured as new. Including it will be possible to reconfigure the password or Touch ID.
Recovery mode will delete all data on your device. If you previously backed up all the data on your iPhone, then after the recovery procedure, you can restore all the data from the backup file.
2 way. Unlock iPhone with iCloud
Unlock iPhone in iOS 11/12 using iCloud – it works provided that your device has geolocation and the Find iPhone function is activated, plus the phone is in the Wi-Fi zone or in data transfer mode.
1. In a web browser, go to iCloud.com, go through the authorization process using your Apple ID and password.
2. Next, click on Settings – All devices.
3. Select the device from the list from which you forgot the password. Click the "Erase" button. After that, your phone will be cleared, the password will be deleted from it.
4. Now take your iPhone and configure as new. If you previously backed up data, then restore from the backup file.
Tenorshare 4ukey allows you to unlock iPhone X / 8/8 Plus / 7 / 6s / 6 / 5s if you forget your password. It doesn’t matter what you used as a PIN code: 4-digit access code, 6-digit access code, digital or alphanumeric combination, Touch ID fingerprint scanner or the new Face ID protection. Detailed instructions for using the program are described below.
Download and install the software on your PC / Mac before we get started.
Step 1. Launch the software and connect the iPhone / iPad to the computer via the USB cable.
Step 2. After the program recognizes your device, you can click “Start” to remove the iPhone access code.
Step 3. Before unlocking the iPhone password, download the latest iOS firmware via the Internet.
Step 4. When the software downloads to your computer, you can click “Open Now” to start recovering your iPhone without a passcode.
Step 5. The whole process takes several minutes. Please keep the device connected to the system recovery process.
Step 6. When the iPhone passcode has been successfully deleted, you can configure your iPhone as new, including the passcode, touch ID, and face ID.