Every owner of a smartphone or tablet immediately after purchase is very happy with the speed with which his device works. All operations are carried out quickly, touch responses are timely and without glitches with pictures. But over time, everything changes and performance deteriorates. Why does Android slow down?
Table of Contents
Among the reasons that Android slows down or freezes, there are several main ones:
- slowdown can cause a large number of simultaneously running applications, albeit in the background;
- due to a recent update, a smartphone that did not slow down before may start to do this;
- any device can freeze even when free space begins to run out on it;
- a small amount of RAM can even become the cause of a spontaneous reboot of the gadget;
- Sometimes the phone may be buggy due to problems with the touchscreen.
What to do if the phone began to slow down for one of the listed reasons?
How to fix the problem
When the phone began to slow down significantly due to gluttonous applications and background processes, then to correct the situation you need:
- hold down the menu button, a list of the most recently launched applications opens, select "Delete all";
- in the Application Manager, look at the list of workers (the time of work and the amount of RAM occupied by it are indicated in front of each) and forcibly stop every unnecessary at the moment;
- in addition, you can remove live wallpapers and widgets, which also greatly affect the productivity of the device;
- Applications that the owner of the gadget does not use are best removed at all, in order to avoid running their processes in the background in advance.
Why does the device slow after updating? The fact is that over time any smartphone or tablet becomes obsolete, and each new version of the software or Android with its add-ons requires an increasingly powerful stuffing.
- Via Recovery. First you need to download the desired firmware version to your phone and save it on a memory card. Then enter Recovery (usually a combination of power buttons and volume rocker down). Next, install the downloaded update and reboot the phone.
- Through the computer. To do this, you need to download the installation file from the official website of the manufacturer and using the software supplied with the phone (usually on the disk) install it on a gadget connected to a PC.
After that, it is advisable to disable the automatic system update function in the phone so that you do not have to repeat the procedure. It should also be remembered that after flashing from the phone all data may be lost, therefore it is better to make a backup first.